Published : Friday, 9 November, 2018 at 12:00 AM Count : 1040
Raihana Sayeeda Kamal
What is heart failure?Heart failure is a condition when heart does not pump blood efficiently. As a result, the body’s vital organs such as the brain, kidneys or liver do not receive adequate nutrients and oxygen. Common causes include coronary artery disease (blocked heart arteries), heart rhythm problems, heart valve problems or holes in heart can result in heart failure.
What are common signs and symptoms of heart failure?
What are the types of heart failure?
Can a patient have heart failure without being aware of it?
What are risk factors for heart failure?
Is smoking related to heart disease?
What are the treatment options?
Medications can help stabilize the condition. It helps control heart failure symptoms, reduce the need to be hospitalised and improve survival rates.
What is the advanced treatment for heart failure?
At what age should people begin paying attention to heart health?
Do heart diseases have any link to gender?
- Left Ventricular Assist Device and How it works
- Device Closure of PFO in Scuba divers with Decompression sickness
- TAVI/ TAVR now shown to be Equal or Better than Open Heart Surgery
- A talk with Dr Lim Choon Pin on heart failure
- Diet control, Heart Disease and Heart Transplant: An Interview with Dr Lim Choon Pin