We’re happy to share that Dr Paul Chiam and Dr Lim Choon Pin of The Heart & Vascular Centre performed a TricValve implantation on 26 May 2022 and our patient was discharged well after a 2-day hospital stay. This new valve technology was recently launched in Singapore and it offers high-risk patients with heart failure due to severe tricuspid valve leakage a minimally invasive treatment option. Patients with severe Tricuspid Regurgitation often experience leg swelling, abdominal bloatedness, and loss of appetite. This new therapy has the potential to benefit patients who currently have no suitable treatment options.
- Impella Pump Support – provides hemodynamic support during protected Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
- Watchman FLX- New Generation Watchman device that presents an alternative to long-term oral anticoagulation
- TricValve Transcatheter Bicaval Valves for Severe Tricuspid Valve Regurgitation
- Shockwave balloon angioplasty can help facilitate and increase safety of TAVI in patients with narrowed leg arteries
- TAVI shown to be equally safe and efficacious in Asian women as compared to Asian men